Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bright Ideas Blog Hop


I'm so glad that you stopped by today on the next stop of the Bright Ideas Blog Hop.  

I thought I would share with you some of the ways that I adapt my activities to meet the needs of my special students.  You can use these with any of your activities and with any grade.

Tip #1

For children with fine motor difficulties, use magnets and cookie sheets.  The pieces don't move as easily.



 Tip #2

Use dice.  They are easier to use than spinners.


Tip #3

Use Velcro.  When using manipulatives, add Velcro to the back of the pieces.  It will stop the pieces from moving and frustrating the children.


Tip #4

For children with  visual difficulties, use manipulatives and "real" objects.  They will be more meaningful to the children.  Use ice cube trays for 10 frames and rubber/stuffed animals to represent characters in books.



Tip #5

For children unable to use a pencil, use stamps and tiles.  




Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope I gave you a few ideas to use in your class.

For your next stop, you will be heading to my friend Maria over at Kinder-Craze.




Kinder-Craze

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great tips! Thanks for sharing!
Kate
Fun in ECSE

Kinder Alphabet said...

Thank you for sharing. I love these tips!!!

-Lidia
Kinder Alphabet