Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ice Cream Fun

The other day we decided to make ice cream.  Now I've never done this before and was quite curious as to how this would work.  We decided to make mint chocolate chip.  So we needed: 

Chocolate chips.

 whipping cream

 sugar

 ice

 salt

 and the ice cream ball.

 All the ingredients went in one side and the ice and salt in the other.

 We sealed the ball.

 And rolled it,

 and rolled it,

 and rolled it some more.

 When we opened it......yummy ice cream.

I couldn't resist making some ice cream cone sight word games to go with our ice cream.  Each child
gets between 2 and 4 cones depending on how hard I want it to be or what sight words they are working on.  The ice creams with the matching sight words are placed on the table face down.  Each child takes a turn picking an ice cream.  They read the word and see if they have the matching cone.  If they do, they place the ice cream on the matching cone.  If they don't have it, they return the ice cream to the center.  The next child goes.  The first child to get 4 ice creams on each cone (or 3 or 2 depending on the number of children or the difficulty level) wins.  Click on each picture to go to my TpT store.




4 comments:

Shar W said...

That looks so yummy! Where did you get that awesome ice cream maker? It looks like a hamster wheel.
Thanks for sharing a cool treat for a hot season!

KindergartenKim said...

I love the wheel where did you get it at
Cute idea!

Sara {Miss V's Busy Bees} said...

I love that you did this! I saw the ice cream maker on Amazon not too long ago and at Bed Bath Beyond - I might have to get myself one now!

I found your blog via Elementary Matters! Thanks for all you do :]

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees

'Enjoying The Hi-5s of Autism - A Family Experience' said...

Hi5!